Friday, December 10, 2010

Lunchtime Productivity

A personal goal of mine is to finish one sewing related project a week. Since I am the epitome of a person with no free time I started to bring some of my projects to work where I work on them during my lunch breaks.

I actually have told no one about my secret sewing projects...not because they aren't fabulous but because they are incredibly nerdy and I am well aware not everyone has the appreciation for nerdiness like I do. People just don't know what they are missing!

So, with that said, here is an example of a lunchtime project I did this week. Enjoy! I know I did!

Monday Night - I made the shell (the actual hat) modeled after one of video game's classic characters,
Mega Man


Tuesday at lunch - I cut out the felt details of the hat using random office objects as measuring devices.

I borrowed the lid of a scented candle off the desk of a colleague for part one of the ear piece

Here's a lid from a cleaning product that I also borrowed from another colleague's desk for part two of the ear piece
                                                        
I used the lines of the notebook paper (that I actually had at my desk) to help envision scale
Wednesday at lunch - Finished cutting out the detail pieces and pinned pieces in place

The mouth of this little smiley face was the hardest part...felt is difficult to cut and to keep straight



All pinned up!

Thursday at lunch - Started sewing!
Everyone should have one of these in their desk
Friday at lunch - Finished sewing

Now we are ready for anything!

3 comments:

  1. That hat is pretty damn cool - but not nearly as cool as Justin's pose...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Justin got really into it...I guess the hat provides crazy amounts of energy and enthusiam to anyone who wears it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you could make a hat for someone with such a large head - remember when we were watching Justin through his side view mirrors while driving behind him? Anyhow, awesome design and awesome model!

    ReplyDelete