Friday, October 1, 2010

Hats

I make hats. I enjoy hats…especially the ones that look like retro video game characters.
In a class last year I was asked to come up with an apparel or accessories product line with a theme of my choice. Most of my classmates went with a high end cocktail party dress collection or a vintage inspired jewelry collection… the list goes on. You get the idea: most people went with really conventional ideas.
Now, it seems simple enough to make up a product line right? Not so much. The catch was, not only did you need to do a market analysis to ensure your ideas had a sellable target group but you had to MAKE proto types or at least be resourceful enough to source it to someone who would make it for you for minimal cost and minimal time considering most people procrastinated/underestimated how long it would take to actually get the process completed.
With that said, I went with what I know: nerdiness.
I made a mini collection of fleece hats inspired by the ghosts from Packman and Star Wars’ very own R2-D2. The name of the brand that I ended up with was Nerdbeanie. It is totally awesome and yes, I will totally make one for you. Just ask. 

Clyde. Fleece boody with Felt details.

                                                                R2-D2 Hat. Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment