Saturday, November 20, 2010

Skywalker Ranch

This week I had the pleasure of going to Skywalker Ranch -  yes, THE Skywalker Ranch, for lunch and a quick tour.Firstly, Skywalker Ranch is freakin' beautiful. I would love to work for Lucas one day and would especially love to work in an environment that looked like this:



Skywalker Ranch. View from the Main House
 How did I get to visit Skywalker Ranch, you ask? Well, there are a few things: one, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, second, I have an instructor who has a former student working for Lucas and third, that former student was willing to show me and a few others around a little.

Skywalker Ranch is big and very strict with what visitors can and cannot see...and justifiably so. We were able to enter the Main House where we had a quick bite and a tour of the first floor. Lunch was a delicious made to order pasta and meatball dish and the tour was short and sweet.

Sadly, we were not allowed to take photos of the interior of the Main House but I can tell you that I saw some key props from the Indiana Jones and of course, Star Wars. In addition to the small display of props, we saw a stunning library complete with lit fireplace, Lucas' personal screening room and an attached solarium (like a sun room).

Although we didn't get to see much in the way of props, droids or Muppets we were all excited that were able to drive into the Ranch at all! We all had a great time and hope to visit the Ranch and our new friend again soon.

I know, I know, you want to see pictures. Here. Check this place out, these folks were allowed to take photos...or at least I assume they were allowed.

1 comment:

  1. I am thoroughly jealous.
    The picture of the library in the link is amazing.
    Its too bad you didn't get to see a ton of props & droids & whatnot... Though I completely understand why they keep that stuff under wraps - just imagine all the nerdsplosions that would happen if they didn't.

    ReplyDelete