Thursday, November 25, 2010

Comics for your Wallet

As I was thumbing through one of the many craft books I have piled in my office I saw a pattern for a wallet made out of an old comic book. I was totally surprised that I have had this book for who knows how long and had never noticed this pattern! Of course, upon seeing the pattern I knew I had to try to make the thing.

The first few times I tried to make it I was unsuccessful. I had never used iron on vinyl. I mean really, who knew there was such a thing as iron on vinyl and that it would work with paper?! So anyway, after a couple times I think it worked out just fine. Check it out:



The comic I used I found in an antique shop for a dollar. It was an old Star Trek comic. Don't worry, I didn't rip the whole thing about. I just used the center advertisement.

Just in case you were wondering, this is what iron on vinyl looks if you ever need to purchase it. Most craft stores carry things like this in the same aisle as their interfacing. Once I got the hang of it, it was pretty easy to use. Beware though, this stuff comes in two yard packages and is about $10.00.

4 comments:

  1. Those are way awesome & I totally want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks niiiice~ I bet it'll look great with a poster too...or even a game case cover! :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you share the pattern? Very great - liz.litaea@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete